Pickled Burdock root is not only delicious but bursting with nutrients! This root is known to detox the blood, defends your body from diabetes, heals skin issues from acne to psoriasis, combats cancer and it gives your hormones a natural boost. I could go on and on about this root!
I plan on pickling more this growing season. I went to an Asian grocery store to find these, but I am going to grow my own. The recipe is so simple(see below). I kept mine raw but you can also cook them before pickling. You can eat them alone or add them to some greens as a salad. The pickling process creates probiotics, which is an added healthy bonus. Have you tried pickled Burdock root?
- 8oz peeled burdock root, sliced into 1/4 in coins or like pickles
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider vinegar
- Aromatics, like garlic, herbs, etc
- Place the sliced and peeled burdock in a pot with the water and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer with a cover on to prevent water from evaporating for about 15-20 minutes, until the burdock root has the texture of a cooked artichoke, soft and yielding, it will still have a slightly firm texture, it’s ok.
- Add the vinegar to the burdock when it is cooked through, cover with wax paper, sealed with a mason jar ring(see my picture), and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Let food be your medicine for life! Say goodbye to always feeling sick and learn to”Breathe with the flow of life” as each yoga pose and nutrient -dense recipe takes you to a higher level of living. Now is the time to take control of your health and wellness. Fresh Pressed Yoga offers an innovative approach, integrating raw juices and beginner yoga poses that will set your mind, body, and spirit free.