Ok.. You can make this using Socca, also known as chickpea flatbread ( see my recipe for this), or you can use pita bread. Either way it is good and a healthier twist on one of America’s favorite. I used cashew “cheese” instead of regular cheese.
1) Lightly cover bread with sunflower oil
2) Crush 2-3 cloves of garlic spread on of bread
3) Sprinkle a little Himalayan Pink salt, ground pepper, rosemary, oregano, and basil; dried or fresh
4) Spread 1-2 tbs of Contadina tomato paste, I use this brand because it’s just tomatoes
5) Add veggies, my favorites are spinach,lacinto kale, portabella mushrooms, artichokes, orange/yellow/red bell peppers and tomatoes. I usually choose three out of those selections as well as add a sprinkle more of herbs/pepper and a splash more oil on the tomatoes. I used lacinto kale, orange bell peppers, and tomatoes in this picture;-)
6)Add your chose of cheese…see my recipe on cashew cheese
7) Cook at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes…until bread is crisp and cheese has melted
8)Enjoy!!! Add crushed peppers for an extra kick…Health is Wealth!!!