Ok.. You can make this using Socca, also known as chickpea flatbread ( see my recipe for this), or you can use pita bread. Either way it is good and a healthier twist on one of America’s favorite. I used cashew “cheese” instead of regular cheese.
1) Lightly cover bread with sunflower oil
2) Crush 2-3 cloves of garlic spread on of bread
3) Sprinkle a little Himalayan Pink salt, ground pepper, rosemary, oregano, and basil; dried or fresh
4) Spread 1-2 tbs of Contadina tomato paste, I use this brand because it’s just tomatoes
5) Add veggies, my favorites are spinach,lacinto kale, portabella mushrooms, artichokes, orange/yellow/red bell peppers and tomatoes. I usually choose three out of those selections as well as add a sprinkle more of herbs/pepper and a splash more oil on the tomatoes. I used lacinto kale, orange bell peppers, and tomatoes in this picture;-)
6)Add your chose of cheese…see my recipe on cashew cheese
7) Cook at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes…until bread is crisp and cheese has melted
8)Enjoy!!! Add crushed peppers for an extra kick…Health is Wealth!!!
This is the left-over almond pulp from the almond milk that I mad a few days ago and getting ready to make some more tomorrow…it goes so fast!!! You can add this to your oatmeal with a few tablespoons of quinoa or you can dry it out in the oven to make almond flour for a variety of tasty treats!!! Health is Wealth!!!
I have been wanting to make this for a long time!!! It is delicious and easy to make. Before letting it stand at room temperature for a day, it reminded me of garlic butter that you get from the Mediterranean restaurant. After a few days of “aging” it taste just like cheese. I tried it on my homemade pizza and raw lasagna..Delicious!!!
1 1/2 cup of cashews soaked for 2 hours in cold H2O
2 tsp lemon juic
2-3 cloves of garlic (I’m a garlic head so I used about 5 cloves)
1/2 tsp of Himalayan Sea Salt
Combine ingredients and blend for 5 minutes or until smooth
Let stand at room temperature for 1-2 days to “age” then refrigerate
Lasts up to 5 days…Mine was gone by day three;-)))
Delicious and savory!! I made another batch yesterday to go with my homemade hummus. Great alternative for a gluten-free diet!! Go to the link below for the recipe. I added 4-5 garlic cloves, Himalayan Pink salt, ground ginger, and diced up yellow/red/orange bell peppers. I also used sunflower seed oil to cook them in. Sesame oil is great too!!